This post is targeted to all the registered volunteers for Intia-päivä – India day. In case you haven’t registered yet and would like to be a part of our volunteer force, please register yourself here.
Events are successful because of their large volunteer force. Our India day team is thankful to all of you who made to the meeting today at Sello library. Below are the excerpts from the meeting:
- Team was divided into 4 small groups
- Infrastructure team: Jamaar, Nandakumar, Nikhil, Krishna
- Food & stalls team: Deepika, Manisha, Ramya, Krishnanand
- Culture: Lien, Jiyo, Venkatesh, Aishwarya
- People management: Janne, Steven, Alex
- Kiran will introduce the volunteers from Food & stalls team and Culture team to respective management teams
- Infrastructure team will meet in coming 2-3 weeks to kick start the event layout preparations and other related activities
- People management team will join the Communications and PR team in a workshop and they will work together to promote the India day buzz in social network and otherwise
About Helsinki päivä 2019
- India day team will procure flyers from Embassy and leave them at Ravintola India house in Forum, Kamppi.
- Volunteers should pick them up from the restaurant for public distribution at Kamppi shopping center and Railway station on Helsinki päivä evening.
Volunteers who were unable to join today, you are requested to prioritize the next meeting that will be scheduled towards the end of June and will be communicated as soon as possible. The next steps would be to join India Day slack channel. Click on this invitation link to join the workspace. Once you are there on slack, please join the #volunteering channel.
Lets get connected and try making India day a great success.
India day team!